The following opportunities are available:
Start date (tentative): Janurary 2017
A post-doctoral fellowship (PDF) position is available at the School of Pharmacy at the University of Waterloo in Kitchener Ontario, Canada in the lab of Dr. William W.L. Wong. The PDF will be part of an established research team that includes mathematical modelers, health services researchers, health economists, physicians, biostatisticians and health policy makers.
This PDF position involves implementing a mathematical/infectious disease model to estimate the prevalence, the untreated population, and the undiagnosed population for hepatitis C virus (HCV). The model will use the observed occurrence of current HCV-related events to make inference about the HCV-incidence in the past that lead to them using Bayesian method. The PDF will work closely with analysts, the Principal Investigators, and other members of the study team, to identify important parameters and architecture for the model. This study will be carried out in conjunction with the Toronto Health Economics and Technology Assessment (THETA) Collaborative, located at the University Health Network in Toronto.Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing an infectious disease model for HCV
- Working with and potentially managing other researchers and analysts
- Performing necessary data collection for the model
- Supporting and/or conducting analyses for other related projects
- Writing peer-reviewed publications and peer-reviewed grants
- PhD in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, health economics, or epidemiology with a strong interest and experience in infectious disease modelling for health policy research.
- Understand Bayesian methods, in particular Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) method
- Experience in infectious disease modeling
- Ability to program in C++ and other languages (R, Java) with transferable skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities
This PDF position is initially for one year with possibility extending to two years and carries a competitive stipend. Applications should be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application should include an application letter, curriculum vitae, a related research paper or research summary and name of three referees. Review of applications will begin on November 1st, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.