Bowlby Boyd Family
Bowlby Boyd family fonds. - [18--]-[ca. 1930].
53 cm of textual records and other material. -70 photographs : b&w ; 19 x 25 cm or smaller. - 2 paintings.
Emma Allen Bowlby was born to David Sovereign Bowlby and Martha Esther Murphy Bowlby in Waterloo in 1862. When she was 21, in 1884, she married the 39 year old Gardiner Boyd. Gardiner Boyd was born in 1845 to Mossom Boyd and Caroline Dunsford of Bobcaygeon Ontario. The couple had three children, Gardiner Mossom (born 1885), Mary Olive (born 1886) and Frieda Kathleen (born 1888).
Emma died in 1897 and her husband in 1898 leaving her children to be raised by their maternal grandparents, and later by their father’s half brother.
The fonds is comprised of materials related to the Bowlby-Boyd family of Emma Allen Boyd nee Bowlby and her husband Gardiner Boyd. Includes materials related to their children, as well as to Emma's family. Fonds is comprised primarily of photographs of various extended family members and friends, as well as of Emma's autograph book.
Arranged in series as follows:
- Boyd, Emma Allen Bowlby (1862-1897)
- Visual Materials.
- Title based on contents of the fonds.
- The extent is measured in linear metres of shelf space occupied by the fonds.
- Donated in 2012 by Lawrence Morley.
- Series are arranged in alphabetical order.
- Materials related to the families can be found in GA 82 (Clement/Bowlby Family), GA 162 (Bowlby, Davison, Hoffman Family), GA 33 (David Shannon Bowlby) and many other family collections who include distant relatives.
Call number: GA 237