International Press Bureau.
International Press Bureau fonds - 1904-1953.
10.5 m of textual records.
The International Press Bureau was a literary agency in Chicago, Ill. owned first by William Gerard Chapman and after his death by his son Gerard. Chapman sold and syndicated pieces for newspaper and magazine features, mostly in the United States.
Fonds consists of approximately 100,000 letters dating between 1904 and 1953 to and from authors, publishers, agents, film studios, journals, newspapers, etc., concerning the use of articles, stories, and manuscripts. Some of Chapman's personal correspondence is included.
- Previously known as the William Gerard Chapman fonds.
- Purchased from Christian Verbeke, Antiquarian Bookseller in 1969.
- Arranged alphabetically by name of correspondent or publication title. Also includes an alphabetical index to "Miscellaneous" correspondence files bearing only a letter of the alphabet as title.
Call number: GA 1