Wagner Hailer family fonds.
The Hailer and Wagner families were both prominent early families residing in Waterloo County, Ontario, as were the Staebler, Biehn/Bean and Breithaupt families, whose documentation is present in this fonds to a lesser degree. Mr. Gordon Wagner, donor of the fonds, is the great grandson of Jacob Hailer and grandson of Louis Henry Wagner, who was a first cousin of Louis Jacob Breithaupt. Detailed family relationships are outlined in genealogical documents prepared by Mr. Wagner and are included in the fonds.
Fonds consists of correspondence, legal documents, photographs, genealogical records, relating to Jacob Hailer (1804-1885), Henry Wagner (1793-1867), Jacob Wagner (1824-1858), Louis Henry Wagner (1857-1945), Staebler Family, Biehn/Bean Family and Breithaupt Family. Documents relating to each have been family have been arranged separately with the exception of the correspondence and some legal documents which have been arranged in two chronological sequences.
- Hailer, Jacob 1804-1885,
- Wagner, Henry 1793-1867,
- Wagner, Jacob 1824-1858,
- Wagner, Louis Henry 1857-1945,
- Staebler Family,
- Biehn/Bean Family,
- Breithaupt Family,
- Legal Documents,
- Genealogical Records prepared by Gordon Wagner.
- The fonds was donated by Gordon Wagner in September 1990 and May 1991.
- Title based on content of fonds.
- Where available, translations have been supplied by Mr. Wagner. The materials in the Wagner Hailer Family fonds and the Breithaupt Hewetson Clark Collection are complementary and both should be consulted by researchers working in this time period.
Call number: GA 77