Link to the University of Waterloo home page Advanced Search or
Fall 2016
The Graduate Calendar

Calendar - General Information & Regulations

Policies & Guidelines

Graduate Student Birth and Parental Leave
Printable Version Printable Version

Students wishing to take parental leave during their program of study may apply to change their status to inactive. Interested students should consult with their academic supervisor(s) and Department Graduate Coordinator prior to making such an application; where an external agency is involved as in the case of visa students or those holding external scholarships, such agencies should also be consulted.

Further information on Birth and Parental Leave can be found in the Graduate Studies Birth and Parental Leave Guidelines. Students who wish to apply for a Parental Leave Bursary should complete the application available on the Graduate Studies Office website.