Enter your students’ correct solutions into a draw on or before February 1, 2020. The prize is Instant Snow Polymer donated by Educational Innovations (www.teachersource.com). Please have your students print their full name clearly, and send your students’ solutions to: Chem 13 News, Chemist's palette puzzle, Department of Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1; or email email@example.com, along with your school’s complete mailing address. Prizes are for Canada and United States submissions only. Printable Chemist's palette puzzle (PDF).
Match these chemicals with the appropriate colours listed below.
- barium salt in a flame test
- bromothymol blue in a weak acid
- calcium salt in a flame test
- copper salt in a flame test
- copper (II) nitrate solution
- iron (III) oxyhydroxide
- phenolphthalein in a base
- potassium permanganate solution
- silver chloride precipitate
- strontium carbonate in fireworks
__________ lead grey