Augusto Born de Oliveira received his B.Sc. from the Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil, having done research assistantships in the Tutorial Education Program and in the Laboratory for Software and Hardware Integration (http://www.lisha.ufsc.br) of that university, and in the GridGroup of the University of Applied Sciences of Fribourg, Switzerland (http://gridgroup.hefr.ch/). He subsequently received his M.Eng. from the department of Systems and Automation Engineering of that same university, having performed a research assistantship under the advisorship of Prof. George Lima, from the Distributed Systems Laboratory (http://www.lasid.ufba.br/index.php?lang=english) of the Federal University of Bahia, Brazil. Augusto's research interests are in the scheduling policies of real-time systems, mainly concerning adaptive policies and how they can be implemented in a useful yet safe manner.
Publications Prior to Joining RESG
- Eduardo Camponogara, Augusto Born de Oliveira, George Lima: Optimization-Based Dynamic Reconfiguration of Real-Time Schedulers with Support for Stochastic Processor Consumption. IEEE Trans. Industrial Informatics 5(4): 594-609 (2010)
- Augusto Born de Oliveira, Eduardo Camponogara, and George Lima. Experimental Analysis of Bandwidth Reservation Adaptive Schemes for Real-Time Systems. In 11th Brazilian Workshop on Real Time and Embedded Systems, Recife, Brazil, May 2009.
- Augusto Born de Oliveira, Eduardo Camponogara, and George Lima. Dynamic reconfiguration in reservation-based scheduling: An optimization approach. In Proceedings of the 15th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS'09), San Francisco, California, USA, April 2009.
- Augusto Born de Oliveira, Eduardo Camponogara, and George Lima. Dynamic Reconfiguration of Constant Bandwidth Servers. In 10th Brazilian Workshop on Real Time and Embedded Systems, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 2008.
- Augusto Born de Oliveira, Lucas Wanner, Pierre Kuonen, and Antônio Augusto Fröhlich. Integrating Wireless Sensor Networks and the Grid through POP-C++. In International Embedded System Symposium, Irvine, California, USA, May 2007.
- Lucas Francisco Wanner, Augusto Born de Oliveira, and Antônio Augusto Fröhlich. Congurable Medium Access Control for Wireless Sensor Networks. In International Embedded System Symposium, Irvine, California, USA, May 2007.
- Lucas Francisco Wanner, Arliones Stevert Hoeller Junior, Augusto Born de Oliveira, and Antônio Augusto Fröhlich. Operating System Support for Data Acquisition in Wireless Sensor Networks. In 11th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, pages 582-585, Prague, Czech Republic, September 2006.