Welcome to the Scheduling Office
Waterloo's principles of timetabling
- Provide a positive academic experience for students by constructing timetables with conflict free core courses and the widest possible selections of elective courses.
- Support the pedagogical needs of courses and programs.
- Endeavour to schedule courses so that faculty members can balance their teaching, research, and service activities.
- Consider the work-life balance of all UW community members: faculty, staff, and students.
- Foster transparency and collaboration between academic and academic-support units in their timetabling activities.
- Provide support to academic units in their implementation of timetabling.
- Promote fair and equitable distribution of instructional times and locations.
- Reduce the overall time and effort consumed to create a timetable.
- Promote the effective use of teaching space.
Revised: October 23, 2015
These principles were endorsed by Provost's Advisory Committee for Unversity Timetabling (PACT) on October 2015.