We raised more than $275,000! That’s $10,000 more than the goal we set. We couldn’t have done it without the support of the University of Waterloo community.
Here’s the impact we had on the Kitchener-Waterloo and area community that we’re a part of:
2016 campaign highlights
- During the fall campaign, more than 125 campus volunteers organized events and activities that make working here that much more fun
- 49 events planned across campus
- $27,000 raised through events
- Members of Waterloo’s Executive Council heeded Dean of Arts, Doug Peers, call to donate. They reached 100 per cent participation which meant that they had to parade through Senate on September 19 in Winnie the Pooh and friends costumes.
- Executive Council increased their donations by 8.5 per cent
- Leadership giving now makes up 51 per cent of our overall campaign achievement
- The largest single donation was $12,250 (average donation was $490.17)
- University of Waterloo contributed 6.4 per cent of United Way Kitchener-Waterloo & Area’s results
- 102 first time donors (that’s 1/5 of our donors!)
- The Smile Cookie drive organized by Food Services September 12-18 at their Tim Hortons locations brought in more than $2,700
In addition, we took home two United Way KW & Area Community Spirit Awards this year:
- Winner of The Leadership Campaign Award: We’re pretty proud of this one! We worked with the United Way team to canvas donors and non-donors on campus and increased Leadership Giving again!
- Individual Campaign Champion Award: James Skidmore, Campaign Co-Chair, faculty member in Germanic & Slavic Studies — “Skid” passionately leads the university campaign but also appears at United Way events and shares his learnings in peer-to-peer sessions.