The following equipment is available for loan from the Circulation desk. Items are to be used in the Library only. The loan period for most of these items is three hours. They are free to borrow, but individuals will be responsible for covering the cost of lost or stolen items.
- Mobile device chargers
- Mini-USB cables
- Ethernet cables
- Memory sticks (USB)
- Mini DisplayPort to High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- Mini DisplayPort to Video Graphics Array (VGA) adapter
The projector will be a useful tool for practicing presentations inside or outside the Library. A projection screen is available in the sixth floor study room at Porter library, and the walls can be used in other study rooms as well.
Book online and sign out at Porter Circulation desk:
- Check the library booking page for current availability
- You can book the projector up to one week in advance through the library booking page under the following terms and conditions:
- Three hours per booking
- Two bookings per day
- Maximum 10 hours within the current 7 day period (including today)
- No-show Rule: After 15 minutes the room will be available to others
- Sign out the projector from the Circulation desk at Dana Porter Library
- Projector is to be returned in person to the Circulation desk at Dana Porter Library at the time it is due
Fines and cost of replacement parts:
- Fines for late returns are five cents per minute to a maximum of $100 per day
- Cost to replacement parts:
- AAXA P450 micro projector: $500
- AC adapter with wall plugin: $50
- Mini three-legged tripod: $15
- Composite A/V cable: $25
- HDMI Cable (to connect laptop to monitor in collaboration booth): $10
- 3 Foot HDMI cable: $10
No time to wait in line? Next time you're checking books out, try our self-check machines!
- Self-check machines are available in the Davis Centre and Dana Porter libraries.
- They are available whenever the building is open.
- They can be used to charge out periodicals and books.