Class visits for senior students can be accommodated.
Guidelines for scheduling visits
- Visits cannot be scheduled during the first two weeks of September or during examination periods.
- Class size should be limited to a maximum of 30 students.
- Scheduling is not required but notification is appreciated.
- Teachers should accompany the class to supervise and provide assistance (you will be responsible for leading your building tours and providing research assistance to your students).
- Students should possess basic library skills and have been given instruction in how to conduct academic research. The University of Waterloo Library Instructional Design Team has created an Online Learning Object Repository to help build information literacy, research, and professional skills.
For more information, please contact:
Library accounts for high school students
- Students enrolled in secondary schools within the Regional Municipality of Waterloo and Wellington County can apply for a library card at the Circulation desk free of charge.
- Students must present a High School Registration form signed by their principal or school librarian validating their need to use an academic library. Instructors may request this form to be sent to them.