To renew your loans, place a request on an item, or monitor your borrowing record, you will need to log in to your library account. Students, faculty, and staff can log in using their WatIAM user ID and password. Community borrowers can sign in using their 14-digit barcode number as their user ID and click 'Reset your password' before logging into their library account for the first time.
- You can renew items you checked out as many times as you like using one of the following methods:
- Online using your library account
- By phone: ext. 84600
- In person: at the Circulation desk
Exception: Waterloo Reads items can be renewed only once for two weeks period.
- You cannot renew:
- Items requested by another borrower
- Course reserve items
- Any items after your borrowing privileges have been expired or suspended because of overdue loans or fines
Undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and staff
- Can place requests in the library catalogue on books and journals which have not been checked out and have them delivered to their preferred pick-up location
- Follow the "Request" link in the catalogue record on the search results page
- Can also request scanned copies of journal articles and book segments found in the library catalogue and have them delivered electronically to their email, as copyright and licensing permit
- Articles: Follow the "Request an article" link in the catalogue record on the search results page
- Book segments/chapters:
- Login to your Interlibrary loans (RACER) account
- Find a record for your book title and click "Get it"
- Click "Scan/Copy" on top of the form
- Fill in the "Part Details" and click "Request"
- Requests take one to three business days. You will be notified by email when your items arrive. Up-to-date status reports are also available in your library account.
- Items will be held for six days at the chosen pick-up location.
Can only place requests on items at the Annex, University of Guelph and Wilfrid Laurier University libraries