Title: Altona Mennonite Church fonds
Dates of creation: 1982, 1984
Physical description: 2 sheets
Administrative history: The congregation dissolved in 1922. It was affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario from 1852 to 1922. The language of worship was English; the transition from German occurred in the 1870s.
The congregation began services in 1800s. The first building was occupied in 1852. The congregation originated through immigration from the United States.
Altona's members transferred to Wideman Mennonite Church at dissolution and the building was given over to the Old Order Mennonite group which had left in the 1880s.
The building is located at R.R. 3, Stouffville, ON. Located on Lot 30, Concession 9 of Pickering Township, on the Pickering-Uxbridge Townline.
Custodial history: The programs were donated by Sam Steiner
Scope and Content: There is one series: Informal Records
For photographs related to this congregation search the Mennonite Archival Image Database.
An encyclopedia entry for this congregation may be found in GAMEO
Original archival description created March 2002 by Sam Steiner.
Series 1: Informal Records
- Programs from commemorative services
Return to congregations page
Back to top