Morningside Mennonite Church (Toronto, ON)

Classification scheme: 
III-40

Title: Morningside Mennonite Church fonds

Dates of creation: 1950-1963

Physical description: 5 cm of textual records

Administrative history: The congregation, located at 64 Tiago St., Toronto, began services in 1946. A basement facility was constructed in 1950; the church building was completed in 1957. The congregation originated through outreach by Danforth Mennonite Church and Emerson McDowell, starting as a Sunday school. The congregation merged with the Danforth Mennonite Church in 1973. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario (1946-1973). The language of worship was English.

Pastoral leaders who served Morningside included: Emerson McDowell (1950-1952), Cyril Gingerich (1952-1954), Merlin & Dorothy Grove (1955-1956), Glen & Elizabeth Brubacher (1956-1962), Paul Martin (1962-1970), Alfred Polzin (1970/71), Amzie Brubacher (1971-1973)

Custodial history: The origin of the materials in this fonds is generally not known. File III-40.2/3 was received from the Archives of the Mennonite Church, Goshen, Ind., in 2013.

Notes: Original description created February 2002 by Sam Steiner

File list:

Series 1: Formal records

  1. Building account records, 1950

Return t​o Top

Series 2: Informal records

  1. Blueprint for construction of basement, 1950
  2. Dedication programs, 1950, 1957
  3. Sunday School and Summer Bible School flyers, [1952?]

Return to Top

Series 3: Church Bulletins

Primarily from 1952-53 and 1963

Return to congregations page

Back to top

Hours

The Archives is accessible by appointment only. Please do not visit or bring in donations unannounced.

Contact

Mennonite Archives of Ontario
Conrad Grebel University College
140 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G6

Phone: 519-885-0220 x24238

Email: marchive@uwaterloo.ca