Title: North Road Chapel fonds
Dates of creation: 1960
Physical description: 2 sheets of textual records
Administrative history: The church was located on the west side of Bobcaygeon Rd. north of Minden.
Minister Amos Brubacher served as a part time congregational leader. In 1965 there were 20 members; in 1975, 15. The congregation left the Mennonites in 1971. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario since 1952. The language of worship is English.
The congregation began services in 1947, and formally organized in 1960. The first building was occupied in 1960. The congregation originated through outreach by the Ontario Mennonite Mission Board and Amos Brubacher.
The congregation joined with the Associated Gospel Church in 1971 to form the Minden Gospel Church
Custodial History: The items in the fonds were donated at an unknown time.
Scope and Content: The fonds consists of dedication programs.
For photographs related to this congregation search the Mennonite Archival Image Database.
An encyclopedia entry for this congregation may be found in GAMEO
Original archival description created February 2002 by Sam Steiner
Series 1: Informal records
Return to congregations page
Back to top