Title: Mennonite Archives of Ontario collection of biographies
Scope and content: The collection consists of brief biographical materials that do not fit in other record groups.
- "Historical sketch of Joseph Schneider: founder of the city" / W.V. Uttley. -- 1929.
- Arthur Kroeger (1932-2008) obituary
- "Aus der Selbstbiographie unseres Vaters und Grossvaters Heinrich Unruh, weiland Predigers und Aeltesten der Halbstaedter Gemeinde Sued-Russland" / Herbert P. Enns, compiler, 1965 (carbon copy of typescript)
- David Penner (1904- ), son of Johann and Katharina (Dyck) Penner, was a physics teacher in the Soviet Union.
"David Penner, Prokopjewsk, Arbeitsarmee (Erinnerungen)" in Heimatliche Weiten 1989 (1), 236-263. - Photocopy
"David Penner: Kindheit und Jugend," Heimatliche Weiten 1989(2), 164-228. - Pages from journal donated by Peter Rempel in 2021. File also includes note from Rempel on David Penner.
- "Bishop Clayton F. Derstine", 1967 - memorial tribute read on day of funeral
- Moved to Hist.Mss. 1.43.1
- Moved to Library
- "Obituary of Isaaac A. Wambold", 1954 (carbon copy of typescript)
- "Pennsylvania heritage: Mennonite inventor [Joseph Shirk], clipping from Philadelphia Inquirer magazine, Jan. 31, 1965. - Joseph Shirk, member of Lichty's Mennonite Church, in Churchtown, Lancaster, County, Pa. was an inventor who died in 1902.
- Moved to Library
- "MCC director dies suddenly [obituary of Harvey Taves]", 1965 from Canadian Mennonite, May 11, 1965
- Moved to Library
- "Ex-missionary now Hawkesville pastor [news story re: Simeon Hurst]" from K-W Record, Aug. 7, 1965
- "Oscar Burkholder (1886-1956)" / Norma J. Shantz, 1971. -- Biography of Oscar Burkholder.
- [Biography of Abram Barg] / Abram Barg, ca. 1969
- Handwritten biographical information about Dietrich Isaak [photocopy from Nikolai Isaak]
- "Hydro leader's portrait unveiled: [clipping re: Daniel B. Detweiler] from K-W Record, Nov. 30, 1970
- Various clipping re: Isaiah Bowman, native of Waterloo County who became President of Johns Hopkins University
- "Horse and buggy postman" - article about Amos Bowman, rural postman who still used horse and buggy for delivery in Canadian weekly, March 28, 1964
- "Aus 'Mein Jenseits' von Carmen Sylva" : excerpts about German Mennonite pastor, Carl Harder.
- "Lorna Bergey" / Marilyn Berge. --March 2004
- "War led Alfred O'Krafka to embrace pacifism" / Valerie Hill.--Waterloo Region Record, 9 Jul 2012, p.B3
- "Isaac Isaac Regehr" / T.D. Regehr. - Ted Regehr's review of his father's life for his 90th birthday, 1982
- Elhanan Bowman
Elhanan Bowman established the first telephone system in Elmwood, and brought radio to the village. He was also an inventor.
1. "Elhanan Bowman, 1874-1964" (photocopy). - from "Sketches of the village of Elmwood : both past and present" / compiled by H. J. Schaab with the assistance of A. Hahn. - Elmwood, Ont. : s.n., 1967. 2 pages.
2. "Made telephone & radio : 18 April 1964" (photocopy) donated to the Archives by Philip Bowman in 2015, 1 page.
- "A tragic beginning had happy ending" / Valerie Hill. - Waterloo Region Record, 15 Jul 2013, p. C1. - profile of Veronica (Sudermann) Dyck, 1914-2013.
- "Walter Teichroeb" [obituary]. New Hamburg Independent, 11 May 1934. See photograph 2014-1.1.
- Rev. Simeon B. Martin, 1897-1984. - Funeral order of service, including a brief autobiography
- List of Mennonite servicemen killed in the Second World War compiled by Abram Driediger of Kelowna, BC. Donated to the Archives in 2013.
- Richard Schiedel, 1932-2010. - Funeral order of service including a brief biography.
- "Determined Mennonite woman was a trailblazer: Margaret Brubacher Good of Waterloo." Waterloo Region Record, 23 Nov 2015
- Biographical sketch of Ervin Bender by Malachi Bender. Ervin Bender was a conscientious objector who served in Alternative Service at Montreal River.
- "Mutti's Lebens verzeichnis" by Marie (Herde-Mertens) Jantzen (1904-1957). - Marie Jantzen was born in Koppental, Am Trakt and died in Kitchener, Ontario. - A transcribed and translated version of her autobiography by Erica Jantzen is in the Milton Good Library. - Donated to the Archives by Erica Jantzen in 2018.
- "Robert Shantz as he [is] remember[ed] by his siblings." - A tribute at his funeral by the siblings of Robert Shantz (1938-2019), 5 Oct 2019.
- Harder, V. Peter. “A grateful tribute.” 24 December 1985 - A eulogy for John Norman Harder (1910-1985)
- Harder, V. Peter. “Our Mother’s Journey: Mary Harder.” July 2006. - A eulogy for Mary Tiessen Harder (1913-2006)
- Martin, Almeda S. "Life and times of Almeda Steckle Martin." 1998.
- "Gerhard Penner" translated by Katherine (Thiessen) Wiens from Mennonitische Martyrer (vol. II).