Title: Mennonite Brethren in Christ fonds
Dates of creation: 1849- .
Physical description: 26 cm of textual materials
Administrative history: The Missionary Church was formed in 1969 by a merger of the United Missionary Church (known by the name of Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church from 1883 to 1947) and the Missionary Church Association. The Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church was formed in 1883 by a merger of the Evangelical United Mennonite Church and a Brethren in Christ group known as the Swankites. The Evangelical Mennonites in turn had been formed in 1879 by a merger of the Evangelical Mennonites of Pennsylvania and the United Mennonites of Ontario. The latter group had been formed in 1875 by a merger of the Reforming/Reformed Mennonites and the New Mennonites.
Scope and content: The fonds consists of denominational publications and correspondence of the Missionary Church and its antecedents, with particular emphasis on Ontario.
Note: Title based on contents of fonds.
1. New Mennonites and Reforming/Reformed Mennonites, 1849-1874, 2022
Series consists of correspondence. Includes correspondence from Clare Fuller (2022) on the history of the Sider and Shisler Point churches in Sherkston, Ontario
2. United Mennonite Church, 1874-1883
3. Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church, 1883-1947
1. Confession of faith
2. Annual report and church directory of Bethany Mennonite Brethren in Christ Church, 1933
4. United Missionary Church, 1947-1968
5. Missionary Church, 1968-
1. General Conference
1. Delegate Reports
2. Canada Conference
3. Eastern District
4. Ontario Conference
6. Missionary Church chart histories
"Chart history of the Missionary Church (USA/Canada)," Timothy Erdel, 1996, 2006
Note: Donated to the Archives by Sam Steiner