A single aerobic exercise session accelerates movement execution but not central processing. Beyer KB, Sage MD, Staines WR, Middleton LE, McIlroy WE. Neuroscience. 2017 Jan 22.
Gaze shifts during dual-tasking stair descent. Miyasike-daSilva V, McIlroy WE. Experimental brain research. 2016 Nov 1;234(11):3233-43.
A single session of exercise as a modulator of short-term learning in healthy individuals. Sage MD, Beyer KB, Laylor M, Liang C, Roy EA, McIlroy WE. Neuroscience Letters. 2016 Aug 26;629:92-8.
Cortical control of anticipatory postural adjustments prior to stepping. Varghese JP, Merino DM, Beyer KB, McIlroy WE. Neuroscience. 2016 Jan 28;313:99-109.
- Cortical activation during learning of a novel locomotor movement pattern: A pilot study. Depaul VG, Meier J, Laylor M, Varghese JP, Mcilroy W. International Journal of Stroke. 2015 Sep 1;10:79-80.
Standing still: is there a role for the cortex? Varghese JP, Beyer KB, Williams L, Miyasike-daSilva V, McIlroy WE. Neurosci Lett. 2015 Mar 17;590:18-23.
Using the systems framework for postural control to analyze the components of balance evaluated in standardized balance measures: a scoping review. Sibley KM, Beauchamp MK, Van Ooteghem K, Straus SE, Jaglal SB. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015 Jan;96(1):122-132. e29.
Contribution of primary motor cortex to compensatory balance reactions. Bolton DA, Williams L, Staines WR, McIlroy WE. BMC Neurosci., 2012 Aug 16;13:102.
- Frequency characteristics of cortical activity associated with perturbations to upright stability. Varghese JP, Marlin A, Beyer KB, Staines WR, Mochizuki G, McIlroy WE. Neurosci Lett. 2014 Aug 22;578:33-8.
- Localizing evoked cortical activity associated with balance reactions: does the anterior cingulate play a role? Marlin A, Mochizuki G, Staines WR, McIlroy WE. J Neurophysiol. 2014 Jun 15;111(12):2634-43. doi: 10.1152/jn.00511.2013. Epub 2014 Mar 19.
- Time to disengage: holding an object influences the execution of rapid compensatory reach-to-grasp reactions for recovery from whole-body instability. Van Ooteghem K, Lakhani B, Akram S, Miyasike Da Silva V, McIlroy WE. Exp Brain Res. 2013 Nov;231(2):191-9.
- 'Priming' the brain to generate rapid upper-limb reactions. Lakhani B, Miyasike-Dasilva V, Vette AH, McIlroy WE. Exp Brain Res. 2013 Oct;230(3):261-70.
Atypical anticipatory postural adjustments during gait initiation among individuals with sub-acute stroke. Rajachandrakumar R, Fraser JE, Schinkel-Ivy A, Inness EL, Biasin L, Brunton K, McIlroy WE, Mansfield A. Gait & Posture. 2017 Feb 28;52:325-31.
Perturbation training to promote safe independent mobility post-stroke: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Mansfield A, Aqui A, Centen A, Danells CJ, DePaul VG, Knorr S, Schinkel-Ivy A, Brooks D, Inness EL, McIlroy WE, Mochizuki G. BMC Neurol. 2015 Jun 6;15:87.
Does participation in standardized aerobic fitness training during inpatient stroke rehabilitation promote engagement in aerobic exercise after discharge? A cohort study. Brown C, Fraser JE, Inness EL, Wong JS, Middleton LE, Poon V, McIlroy WE, Mansfield A. Top Stroke Rehabil. 2014;21 Suppl 1:S42-51.
Integrating aerobic training within subacute stroke rehabilitation: a feasibility study. Biasin L, Sage MD, Brunton K, Fraser J, Howe JA, Bayley M, Brooks D, McIlroy WE, Mansfield A, Inness EL. Phys Ther. 2014 Dec;94(12):1796-806.
- Impaired Reactive Stepping Among Patients Ready for Discharge From Inpatient Stroke Rehabilitation. Inness EL, Mansfield A, Lakhani B, Bayley M, McIlroy WE. Phys Ther. 2014 Aug 7.
- Longitudinal Changes in Poststroke Spatiotemporal Gait Asymmetry Over Inpatient Rehabilitation. Patterson KK, Mansfield A, Biasin L, Brunton K, Inness EL, McIlroy WE. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2014 May 13. pii: 1545968314533614.
- Is impaired control of reactive stepping related to falls during inpatient stroke rehabilitation? Mansfield A, Inness EL, Wong JS, Fraser JE, McIlroy WE. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2013 Jul-Aug;27(6):526-33.
- Evaluation of gait symmetry after stroke: a comparison of current methods and recommendations for standardization. Patterson KK, Gage WH, Brooks D, Black SE, McIlroy WE. Gait Posture. 2010 Feb;31(2):241-6. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2009.10.014. Epub 2009 Nov 22.
The association between different posture changes, cerebral oxygenation and postural stability in older adults. Fitzgibbon-Collins LK, McIlroy WE, Heckman GA, Hughson RL. Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 2015 Oct 1;31(10):S277-8.
Age-related challenges in reactive control of mediolateral stability during compensatory stepping: A focus on the dynamics of restabilisation. Singer JC, Prentice SD, McIlroy WE. Journal of biomechanics. 2016 Mar 21;49(5):749-55.
- Kinetic measures of restabilisation during volitional stepping reveal age-related alterations in the control of mediolateral dynamic stability. Singer JC, McIlroy WE, Prentice SD. J Biomech. 2014 Sep 6. pii: S0021-9290
- Age-related changes in mediolateral dynamic stability control during volitional stepping. Singer JC, Prentice SD, McIlroy WE. Gait Posture. 2013 Sep;38(4):679-83.
- Impact of subcortical hyperintensities on dual-tasking in Alzheimer disease and aging. Nadkarni NK, Levine B, McIlroy WE, Black SE. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2012 Jan-Mar;26(1):28-35.
- Challenging horizontal movement of the body during sit-to-stand: impact on stability in the young and elderly. Akram SB, McIlroy WE. J Mot Behav. 2011;43(2):147-53.
- Effect of working memory and spatial attention tasks on gait in healthy young and older adults. Nadkarni NK, Zabjek K, Lee B, McIlroy WE, Black SE. Motor Control. 2010 Apr;14(2):195-210.
Online learning of gait models for calculation of gait parameters. Waugh JL, Trinh A, Mohammed RR, McIlroy WE, Kulić D. In Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), 2016 IEEE 38th Annual International Conference of the 2016 Aug 16 (pp. 6146-6149). IEEE.
- Upper limb contributions to frontal plane balance control in rollator-assisted walking. Tung JY, Gage WH, Poupart P, McIlroy WE. Assist Technol. 2014 Spring;26(1):15-21.
- Use of mobility aids reduces attentional demand in challenging walking conditions. Miyasike-daSilva V, Tung JY, Zabukovec JR, McIlroy WE. Gait Posture. 2013 Feb;37(2):287-9.
- Cardiovascular responses associated with daily walking in subacute stroke. Prajapati SK, Mansfield A, Gage WH, Brooks D, McIlroy WE. Stroke Res Treat. 2013;2013:612458.
- A novel approach to ambulatory monitoring: investigation into the quantity and control of everyday walking in patients with subacute stroke. Prajapati SK, Gage WH, Brooks D, Black SE, McIlroy WE. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2011 Jan;25(1):6-14.