Enhance your knowledge and skills in laser procedures commonly used to treat anterior segment disease and minor surgical procedures commonly used for eyelid lesions. Parts I and II will take place online, and Part III (hands-on workshops) will take place in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. See program details (below) for more information.
Those who successfully complete the course will receive a certificate in minor surgical procedures and anterior segment laser procedures plus 36 hours of COPE* CE credits.
Spring 2024 dates
- Online self-directed pre-modules – access begins mid-March and due by Thursday, April 25, 2024 – 6 hours CE credits
- Access to online self-directed modules opens approximately six weeks prior to the due date.
- Virtual live lectures (on Zoom) – April 26-28, 2024 – 18.5 hours CE credits
- Hands-on lab-based workshops and review session (Waterloo, ON) – May 10-11, 2024 – 11.5 hours CE credits
- Exam – Monday, May 13, 2024 (online, must be completed between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET)
Registration for course is $2,130 plus HST
- Includes full course registration, a take-home suturing kit provided during the hands-on weekend, and attendance at the Welcome Dinner scheduled for Friday, May 10, 2024
- Optional: any course registrants wishing to bring a guest will have the option to purchase a Welcome Dinner Guest ticket for $50 (limit one per registrant)
Registration coming soon!
Registration requirement: an OD degree from an ACOE-accredited institution and/or a Canadian licensed optometrist in good standing.
*COPE accreditation pending; application for COPE accreditation for all 36 hours of this course must be submitted annually.
Interested in joining us but unable to attend our next offering? Add yourself to the waitlist and you will be one of the first to know when the next year’s dates are set and registration is open!
Part I: Self-study pre-modules
- Online and self-paced - 6 hours
- Pre-module list (pdf)
Part II: Virtual live lectures
- Online with specific times - 18.5 hours across three days
- SAMPLE schedule - online live lectures (pdf)
Part III: Lab-based workshops
- In-person - 11.5 hours across two days at the School of Optometry and Vision Science in Waterloo, Ontario
- SAMPLE schedule - workshops (pdf)
Part IV: Exam
- Online and self-paced - approximately 1-2 hours to complete
Course content includes:
- Oculofacial biopsy analysis
- Suturing techniques
- Minor surgical techniques & applications
- Advanced anterior chamber assessment
- Advanced gonioscopy
- Anterior seg imaging
- Laser techniques & applications
- General lasers
- YAG capsulotomy
- Laser peripheral iridotomy (LPI)
- Laser trabeculoplasty (ALT, SLT)