In 2020, we raised $230,405.68 that will help fund programs that enhance support for basic needs, mental health, and social isolation in our community.
Our funds raised have supported:
- The COVID-relief fund for Waterloo Region
- Programs to help youth enhance their social and educational skills
- Programs that help those in need of counselling and mental health services
- Programs that help local immigrants connect to their community
- Programs dedicated to bringing individuals and our communities together
- Programs that help those living in poverty in our community
- And more.
2020 Campaign Highlights
During the campaign, 27 dedicated campus ambassadors organized events and initiatives that made working from home (for many of us) and supporting the United Way much more fun and accessible:
Our average donation was $474.41 --> $40 monthly!
103 first-time donors – that’s just over 22.4% of our 460 total donors!
For the first time, we partnered with the W Store to raise money through direct donations and a United Way bundle box filled with useful items needed in a pandemic.
Feature photo: the team from House of Friendship, one of the organizations supported by the United Way, including Health alumnus Jessica Bondy (MA '13). Director Housing Services. Learn more about the work House of Friendship does in our Charitable Spotlight.