Sheva Naahidi, Yujie Wang,Man Zhang, Rong Wang, Mousa Jafari, Yongfang Yuan, Brian Dixon, and Pu Chen Evaluation of Biocompatibility of the AC8 Peptide and Its PotentialUse as a Drug Carrier. Molecular Pharmaceutics 11: 3409-3420, 2014.
Vo NTK, Bender AW, Lee LEJ, Lumsden JS, Lorenzen N, Dixon B & Bols NC. Development of a walleye cell line and use to study the effects of temperature on infection by viral haemorrhagic septicaemia virus (VHSV) group IVb. J Fish Dis (In Press) doi:10.1111/jfd.12208.
Sever, L., Vo, NTK, Lumsden, J. Bols NC and Dixon B Induction of rainbow trout MH class I and accessory proteins by viral haemorrhagic septicaemia virus. Accepted to Molecular Immunology Feb 9th, 2014
Sheva Naahidi, Mousa Jafari, Megan Logan, Faramarz Edalat, Ali Khademhosseini, Brian Dixon, Pu Chen Immuno- and hemocompatibility of amino acid pairing peptides for potential use in anticancer drug delivery Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers 29: 254-269, 2014 DOI 10.1177/0883911514528144
Becker, L.A, M. Kirkland, J.W. Heath, D.D. Heath, and B. Dixon. Breeding strategy and rearing environment effects on the disease resistance of cultured Chinook salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha). Aquaculture 422–423: 160–166, 2014.
Conejeros, P, Phan, A., Power, M., O’Connell, M. Alekseyev, S, Salinas, I and Dixon B. Differentiation of sympatric Arctic charr morphotypes using major histocompatibility class II genes. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society, 143(3), 586-594, 2014.
- Sever, L., Vo, NTK, Bols NC and Dixon B. Expression of tapasin in rainbow trout tissues and cell lines and up regulation in a monocyte/macrophage cell line (RTS11) by a viral mimic and viral infection Developmental and Comparative Immunology. 44:86-93 2014.
- Fanxing Zeng, Catherine Tea, Michelle Liu, James P. Sherry, Brian Dixon, Bernard P. Duncker, Niels C. Bols. The p53/HSP70 inhibitor, 2-phenylethynesulfonamide, causes oxidative stress, unfolded protein response and apoptosis in rainbow trout cells. Aquatic Toxicology. 146: 45-51, 2014
- Hall B., Jones, L. and Dixon B. Allergies and Contact Lenses – The Facts. Eye and Contact Lens. 40(1) 51-57, 2014
- Sever, L, Vo, NTK, Bols NC and Dixon B. Rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) contain two Calnexin genes which encode distinct proteins. Developmental and Comparative Immunology, 42 211–219, 2014.
- Pham, Phuc H; Lumsden, John S; Tafalla, Carolina; Dixon, Brian and Bols, Niels C. Differential effects of viral hemorrhagic septicemia virus (VHSV) genotypes IVa and IVb on gill epithelial and spleen macrophage cell lines from rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Fish and Shellfish Immunology. 34(2):632-640 2013
- Dixon B., A. Luque, B. Abos, R. Castro, L. González-Torres, and Tafalla C. Molecular characterization of three novel chemokine receptors in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 34(2):641-51 2013
- Bozdarov, J., Sherry, JP, Duncker, BP, Bols, NC and Dixon, B. The Rad1 gene in Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) is highly conserved and may express proteins from non-canonical spliced isoforms. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, Part C toxicology. 157(1):16-23. 2013 doi: 10.1016/j.cbpc.2012.09.002
- Sever, L., Bols, NC and Dixon, B. The cloning and inducible expression of the rainbow trout ERp57 gene. Fish and Shellfish Immunology, 34 (2):410-419 2013
- Dixon, B. Vaccines for finfish aquaculture: what do we need to know to make them work? Electronic Journal of Biotechnology. Invited Review. Vol. 15 No. 5 2012. DOI: 10.2225/vol15-issue5-fulltext-18
- Ordás, M.C., Dixon, B., Sunyer, O., Korytar, T., Cuesta A. and Tafalla C. Identification of a novel CCR7 gene in rainbow trout with differential regulation in the context of mucosal or systemic infection Developmental and Comparative Immunology 38(2):302-11. 2012 doi: 10.1016/j.dci.2012.07.001