Depression is a whole-body illness: It involves the body, mood, and thoughts. In this group, you can learn how to recognize, understand, and better manage patterns of feeling, thinking and behaving to help you live a more satisfying life. You will also learn how to focus on pleasure, goal setting, and define your values, all of which can help improve your mood.
What is Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)?
Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is an evidence-based treatment type that can help with a variety of concerns, including anxiety and depression. CBT is a goal-oriented, present-focused, skills-based treatment designed to teach you about the interactions between your thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. You will learn to be conscious of your choices as you respond to life stressors, and explore options for living a fuller, richer life, that is more aligned with what you value most.
This 8-week virtual group will consist of weekly sessions and assigned tasks each week. The goals and structure of the group will:
- Facilitate an open dialogue between yourself and the group about your shared experiences with depression.
- Learn more about the nature of depression.
- Teach and provide you with an opportunity to practice new CBT-based skills.
- You will notice the most meaningful change if you attend all 8 sessions and participate in the between-session tasks.
Who can join this group?
- You must be experiencing symptoms of depression that are negatively impacting your life
- You must be open to participating in virtual group therapy
- You must be located within Ontario at the time of the session to participate in this group due to regulatory requirements
Who should not attend this group?
If you are struggling with active suicidal ideation, significant difficult with mood dysregulation, and symptoms of eating disorders or active trauma
Register on GoSignMeUp for our Winter 2021 dates:
Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, Janaury 27, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, Februrary 3, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.