The program information below was valid for the fall 2016 term (September 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016). This is the archived version; the most up-to-date program information is available through the current Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
The Graduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated 3 times per year, at the start of each academic term (January 1, May 1, September 1). Graduate Studies Academic Calendars from previous terms can be found in the archives.
Students are responsible for reviewing the general information and regulations section of the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
- Study option(s)
Additional program information
- The MEng in Civil Engineering program is open to Canadian and Permanent Residents only. The program is not available to Visa students.
- The University of Waterloo does not provide funding for MEng in Civil Engineering students, and the candidates are expected to be self-supporting.
- An Honours Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with a 75% standing.
- Supplementary information form
- Number of references: 3
Type of references:
at least 2 must normally be from academic sources.
English language proficiency (ELP) (if applicable)
- Graduate Academic Integrity Module (Graduate AIM)
- Students must complete 8 one-term graduate level courses (0.50 unit weight) taken from the 500, 600 and 700 series courses (or courses acceptable for graduate credit) and 1 technical/professional writing course for engineers (EMLS 602R Scholarly Writing in English).
- A maximum of 2 500 level courses may be counted for credit.
- The candidate must obtain a pass in all courses credited to their program, with a minimum overall average of 70% (a grade of less than 65% in any course counts as a failure).
- At least half of the courses used for credit must normally be Faculty of Engineering courses.
- Link(s) to courses
- Engineering Data Analysis Graduate Workshop