The program information below is valid for the spring 2021 term (May 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021).
The Graduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated 3 times per year, at the start of each academic term (January 1, May 1, September 1). Graduate Studies Academic Calendars from previous terms can be found in the archives.
Students are responsible for reviewing the general information and regulations section of the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
Length of program
- Completion of the degree is expected to take approximately five terms on average.
- Study option(s)
- A 80% overall standing in the last two years, or equivalent, in a four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Personal statement
- Supplementary information form
- Number of references: 3
Type of references:
English language proficiency (ELP) (if applicable)
- Graduate Academic Integrity Module (Graduate AIM)
- Students are required to complete a minimum of 6 one-term courses (0.50 unit weight).
- While many courses may be taken on a Cr/NCr basis, 4 of the required courses must be graded.
- Students must complete the following courses:
- 2 statistics courses, usually PSYCH 887 Research Methods in Industrial/Organizational and PSYCH 632 Multiple Regression
- Applied Skills
- 2 of the following:
- PSYCH 883 Organizational Development
- PSYCH 886 Psychology of Training
- PSYCH 888 Negotiation, Conflict Management, and Teamwork: Theory and Practice
- 2 of the following:
- Content Specialty
- 2 Industrial/Organizational content courses as available, usually PSYCH 879 Personnel Selection (or equivalent), and PSYCH 875 Organizational Psychology
- Note: these are minimum requirements only. Students may be required to take more courses in order to meet the prerequisites for some courses.
- Link(s) to courses
- Graduate Studies Internship
- The internship may be completed by working full-time for four continuous months or by working part-time for eight months. Settings in which students have completed internships include: industries, governmental ministries, and management consultant firms.
- The internship does not count as part of the 6 required courses.
- Master’s Research Paper