The program information below is valid for the winter 2021 term (January 1, 2021 - April 30, 2021).
The Graduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated 3 times per year, at the start of each academic term (January 1, May 1, September 1). Graduate Studies Academic Calendars from previous terms can be found in the archives.
Students are responsible for reviewing the general information and regulations section of the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
Length of program
- 20 months
- Study option(s)
- Successful completion of an Honours Bachelor’s degree (or graduate degree), or equivalent from any discipline, with an average of at least 75% in the final two years of the degree.
- Maximum of two pages.
- Supplementary information form
- All previous university transcripts.
- Number of references: 3
Type of references:
at least 2 academic
English language proficiency (ELP) (if applicable)
- Graduate Academic Integrity Module (Graduate AIM)
- Students must successfully complete 10 one-term courses (0.50 unit weight). Course descriptions are available in the Public Service (PS) courses section of this Calendar.
- Students must successfully complete PS 622 Major Team Project. Under the supervision of a Project Advisor, students work in assigned teams to propose, research and write a major paper.
- Link(s) to courses
- Academic Integrity Workshop
- Graduate Studies Work Report
- Students must complete an 8-month paid co-operative work term with a government department or agency. Students who do not wish to participate in the co-operative work terms, and who demonstrate evidence of at least one year of full-time public service experience, will be considered for the non co-operative MPS program. Students already admitted to the program may be transferred to the non co-operative MPS program, provided they complete an internship as approved by the Program Director. The program will assist students in identifying suitable internship opportunities.