The program information below is valid for the fall 2019 term (September 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019).
The Graduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated 3 times per year, at the start of each academic term (January 1, May 1, September 1). Graduate Studies Academic Calendars from previous terms can be found in the archives.
Students are responsible for reviewing the general information and regulations section of the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
- Study option(s)
- Students in the Master of Engineering (MEng) in Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering program may complete the requirements for the GDip in Design Engineering in conjunction with their MEng requirements.
- Students must complete the following courses:
- Mandatory courses:
- ME 680 Advanced Design Engineering
- ME 681 Advanced Design Engineering - Design Project 1
- ME 682 Advanced Design Engineering - Design Project 2
- Specific courses: 1 from the following list:
- ME 538 Welding Design, Fabrication and Quality Control
- ME 555 Computer-Aided Design
- ME 559 Finite Element Methods
- ME 561 Fluid Power Control Systems
- ME 566 Computational Fluid Dynamics for Engineering Design
- General courses: 4 additional Faculty of Engineering graduate courses (subject to the approval of the Department).
- All courses are 600 and 700 level courses and students are not allowed to take more than 2 500 level courses (courses open to both undergraduates and graduates) out of their 8 required courses.
- Link(s) to courses