The program information below is valid for the spring 2021 term (May 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021).
The Graduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated 3 times per year, at the start of each academic term (January 1, May 1, September 1). Graduate Studies Academic Calendars from previous terms can be found in the archives.
Students are responsible for reviewing the general information and regulations section of the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
- Study option(s)
- Students in the Master of Engineering (MEng) in Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering program may complete the requirements for the GDip in Fire Safety in conjunction with their MEng requirements.
- Students must complete the following courses:
- Mandatory courses:
- ME 671 Fundamental Fire Dynamics
- ME 672 Advanced Fire Dynamics
- ME 673 Fire Modeling
- Specific courses: 3 from the following list:
- ME 720 Special Topics in Solid Mechanics: Fire Resistance
- ME 765 Special Topics in Fluid Mechanics: Advanced Concepts in Design for Fire Safety 1
- ME 765 Special Topics in Fluid Mechanics: Advanced Concepts in Design for Fire Safety 2
- ME 770 Special Topics in Numerical Methods, Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer: Fire Risk Analysis or CIVE 601 Engineering Risk and Reliability
- ME 770 Special Topics in Numerical Methods, Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer: Fire Testing
- General courses: 2 additional Faculty of Engineering graduate courses (subject to the approval of the Department).
- All courses are 600 and 700 level courses and students are not allowed to take more than 2 500 level courses (courses open to both undergraduates and graduates) out of their 8 required courses.
- Link(s) to courses