Graduate English for Multilingual Speakers (EMLS) credit courses are for registered University of Waterloo graduate students for whom English is a second language, and who want to improve their English language skills, and/or who have been admitted with a departmental requirement to complete an EMLS credit course during their academic program. These courses are offered every term by English Language Studies. There are no extra tuition fees for these courses:
- EMLS 601R Speaking English for Professional Purposes
- EMLS 602R Scholarly Writing in English
- EMLS 612R Professional Writing for Engineers
- EMLS 621R Speaking Effectively About Your Research
- EMLS 622R Thesis Writing in English
If you are not a University of Waterloo student, you may take ESL non-credit courses through the English Language Institute.