Inquiries should be directed to the department/school/program to which you are applying.

Graduate students may be eligible for scholarships, teaching assistantships and/or research assistantships or research studentships. Teaching Assistantships and Research Assistantships are paid as monthly stipends. Scholarships and research studentships are paid as awards by term during the first month of term.

Students are responsible for all study and living costs as listed online: Study and living costs.

International applicants are required to apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for a Study Permit (IMM 1442) and must provide evidence of financial support to cover study and living costs. International applicants should consult the IRCC website: Study in Canada as an international student.

Minimum support for doctoral (PhD) students

The minimum level of financial support provided for doctoral students is reviewed annually by the Provost's Advisory Committee on Minimum Doctoral Funding. Any annual increase to the minimum applies to both new and current eligible doctoral students. For the most current minimum funding guidelines, visit the Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs (GSPA) minimum funding page. Minimum funding for master's research students*

Effective May 1, 2012, the guideline for minimum funding is $12,000 for incoming full-time master’s students in the first year of a MA, MFA, MES, MMath, MASc, or MSc program (non-co-op). The continuation of funding throughout the first year requires full-time registration and good academic standing. The minimum is exclusive of the tuition fee differential and the International Master’s Student Award (IMSA) for international students.

*research programs: MA, MASC, MES, MFA, MMath (except coursework programs) or MSC degree programs

Minimum levels of funding are inclusive of vacation pay and benefits.