Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) provides various types of assistance based on financial need to eligible students. This assistance is intended to supplement, not to replace, the resources of students and their families. Although assistance is not based on academic standing, students are expected to make satisfactory progress in their studies.
Detailed information including application forms and deadlines is available on the OSAP website.
OSAP includes the following plans:
- The Canada-Ontario Integrated Student Loan provides assistance in the form of interest-free loans to students who wish to pursue full-time post-secondary studies.
- The Child-Care Bursary is available to students who have three or more children and who have applied for and qualified for OSAP funding and who will incur child-care expenses during the student's study period.
- The Bursary for Students with Disabilities is available to students who have applied for and qualified for OSAP funding and who will incur disability-related educational expenses. Applications are available in the Office for Persons with Disabilities.
- The Ontario Work-Study Plan provides a means whereby students can actively finance the cost of their education through part-time employment on campus. Students whose educational needs have not been fully met by OSAP are eligible to apply. Further information is available through the Student Awards and Financial Aid website.
- The Canada Study Grants for Females Pursuing Doctorial Studies assists women in certain fields of study at the doctoral level.
- The Part-Time Canada Student Loan Program provides interest-bearing loans to assist part-time students (taking between 20-59% course load) with the direct educational costs of tuition, compulsory fees, books and supplies, child-care and transportation costs.
Note: Students from provinces other than Ontario must apply for government student aid through their home provinces. Applications and/or addresses are available through the Student Awards and Financial Aid website.