The program information below is valid for the spring 2019 term (May 1, 2019 - August 31, 2019).
The Graduate Studies Academic Calendar is updated 3 times per year, at the start of each academic term (January 1, May 1, September 1). Graduate Studies Academic Calendars from previous terms can be found in the archives.
Students are responsible for reviewing the general information and regulations section of the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
- Study option(s)
- An Honours Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Science with a minimum overall standing of 75% in the last 2 years (domestic students only).
- Supplementary information form
- Number of references: 3
Type of references:
at least 2 academic
English language proficiency (ELP) (if applicable)
- Graduate Academic Integrity Module (Graduate AIM)
- Students must successfully complete at least 4 one-term graduate courses (0.50 unit eights) including CHEM 794 Master's Seminar and the 2 Quantum Information core courses.
- Quantum Information core courses: these interdisciplinary courses provide a strong foundation in quantum information science:
- QIC 710 Quantum Information Processing
- QIC 750 Implementation of Quantum Information Processing
- Students must complete 1 of the following courses:
- CHEM 713 Chemistry of Inorganic Solid Materials
- CHEM 745 Statistical Mechanics
- CHEM 746 Quantum Chemistry
- CHEM 756 Spectroscopy
- CHEM 769 Physical Organic Chemistry
- Link(s) to courses
- Academic Integrity Workshop
- Master’s Thesis
- Students are required to submit and defend an acceptable Master's Thesis in Quantum Information under the supervision of an eligible advisor.