Imagine working alongside fellow researchers, health practitioners and entrepreneurs, who are on the verge of the next health care breakthrough. Imagine sharing space to launch new ventures, develop new technologies and fast-track commercialization. It’s possible when you connect with the University of Waterloo and its renowned incubator – and Innovation Arena core resident – Velocity.
Located in the City of Kitchener’s innovation district, the Innovation Arena will amplify Canada’s health tech sector. In partnership with the City of Kitchener, and with Velocity – Waterloo’s renowned startup incubator – at its core, the new collaboration space will streamline commercialization pathways for businesses, fast-track delivery of health technologies and drive Canada’s next wave of economic growth.
Ready to revolutionize health care in Canada?
Our mission is simple – to connect like-minded people who are ready to turn novel ideas into solutions and breakthroughs that improve individual and societal health.
- To foster impactful exchanges between businesses, founders, researchers, and University of Waterloo talent with health tech community partners and global supporters
- To enable members in residence and partners to seamlessly transform learnings and research into health technology and innovations
- To launch ambitious new enterprises that will create highly-skilled jobs and improve the health and prosperity of our community and its citizens
- To provide access to labs, instrumentation, and critical research infrastructures in support of health innovation and commercialization, and to improve the delivery of care
Our greatest impact happens together. Let’s get started.
Make an impact in the Innovation Arena
We’re building a community of vanguards, looking to solve health care challenges, advance new technologies, launch new ventures and, ultimately, improve lives. We want to hear from:
- Researchers ready to commercialize,
- Companies, big and small, seeking collaborations to develop new products or services, and
- Health-care practitioners looking to innovate traditional approaches to health care.
Improving lives is a big ask. But, we have a roadmap.
Your Innovation Arena neighbor on the second floor – Velocity – has some experience to lean on. As part of its multi-sector startup portfolio, more than 50 health tech companies have been founded there, creating more than 700 new jobs, and raising more than $100M in investments.
Depending on your venture’s needs, Innovation Arena members in residence will have access to:
- Dedicated workspace, outfitted to meet unique requirements
- Product development labs and commercialization resources
- Clinical testing opportunities through our partnership with Western University
- Startup information, insights and experience from Velocity staff and founders
As an inaugural member in residence at the Innovation Arena, you will invest in the development and maintenance of the space, help to shape the culture, evolve the vision and mission, and even define the physical space. Get in on the ground level – literally.
Learn more about the Innovation Arena
In the news
University of Waterloo
August 10, 2021