Title: Harrow Mennonite Church fonds
Dates of Creation: 1991-2000
Physical description: 1 cm of textual records
The first families in the Harrow area of Ontario obtained land in March 1929. They began to hold worship services in the original farm house living room. Gerhard Papke is considered the founding leader of the group.
Most of the Harrow Mennonites affiliated with the Leamington United Mennonite Church. This arrangement worked for some 20 years. In 1951 the Harrow group began construction of its own church on Walker Road just north of the town of Harrow. This new church was dedicated in November 1951. The congregation applied for its own charter in 1953 as the Harrow United Mennonite Church and in 1955 this was granted.
A new building was constructed in 1996.
Custodial history: First accession received from Mennonite Church Eastern Canada in 2016.
Scope and Content: There are three series: Formal records, Informal records and Bulletins.
Notes: Any photographs related to this congregation can be found in Hist.Mss.10.
Series 1: Formal Records
Series 2: Informal Records
- Historical summaries
2000 (by Sue Goerzen)
Series 3: Bulletins
30 Jan 2000
21 Apr 2002