Cross-appointed to School of Environment, Resources, and Sustainability (Faculty of Environment)
BRLS, MA (Brock)
Office: B.C. Matthews Hall 2113
Phone: 519-888-4567, ext. 32612
- Geographies of nature-based travel, tourism, outdoor recreation, and leisure
- Tourism ethics and environmental responsibility
- Arctic tourism, livelihoods, and special places
- Community-based participatory research
- Experiential education and outdoor learning
- Yudina, O., & Grimwood, B. S. R. (in press). Situating the wildlife spectacle: Ecofeminism, representation, and polar bear tourism. Journal of Sustainable Tourism.
- Grimwood, B. S. R., Yudina, O., Muldoon, M., & Qiu, J. (2015). Responsibility in tourism: A discourse analysis. Annals of Tourism Research, 50, 22-38.
- Grimwood, B. S. R. (2015). Participatory action research: Democratizing knowledge for social justice and change. In C. W. Johnson & D. Parry (Eds.), Fostering social justice through qualitative inquiry (pp. 217-250). Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press.
Grimwood, B. S. R. (2015). Advancing tourism’s moral morphology: Relational metaphors for just and sustainable Arctic tourism. Tourist Studies, 15(1)3-26.
Grimwood, B. S. R., Haberer, A., & Legault, M. (2015). Guides to connection? Exploring human-nature relationships among wilderness travel leaders. Journal of Adventure Education and Outdoor Learning, 15(2), 138-151.
- Grimwood, B. S. R., & Doubleday, N. C. (2013). Illuminating traces: Enactments of responsibility in practices of Arctic river tourists and inhabitants. Journal of Ecotourism, DOI: 10.1080/14724049.2013.797427.
- Grimwood, B. S. R., & Doubleday, N. C. (2013). From river trails to adaptive co-management: Learning and relating with Inuit inhabitants of the Thelon River, Canada. Indigenous Policy Journal.
Dunkin, J., & Grimwood, B. S. R. (in press). Mobile habitations in canoescapes. In Duncan, T., Cohen, S., & Thulemark, M. (eds.), Lifestyle mobilities and corporealities. London, UK: Ashgate.
Grimwood, B. S. R., Cuerrier, A, & Doubleday, N. C. (2012). Introduction: Arctic community engagement during the 2007-2008 International Polar Year. Polar Geography, 35 (3), 189-193.
Grimwood, B. S. R., Doubleday, N. C., Laidler, G. J., Donaldson, S. G., & Blangy, S. (2012). Engaged acclimatization: Towards responsible community-based research in Nunavut. The Canadian Geographer, 56(2), 211-230
Grimwood, B. S. R. (2012). The social science ontology of environment: Challenges to human exceptionalism. In Holden, A., & Fennell, D. (eds.). Handbook of tourism and environment (pp. 19-30). New York, NY: Routledge.
Grimwood, B. S. R., & Fennell, D. A. (2011). Meditative thinking for polar tourism codes of ethics. In Grenier, A., & Müller, D. (eds.), Polar tourism: A tool for regional development (pp. 87-108). Québec, QC: Presses de l’Université du Québec.
Grimwood, B. S. R. (2011). “Thinking outside the gunnels”: Considering natures and the moral terrains of recreational canoe travel. Leisure/Loisir: The Journal of the Canadian Association of Leisure Studies, 35(1), 49-69.
Grimwood, B. S. R., & Henderson, B. (2009). Inviting conversations: Friluftsliv, relational geographic thinking, and outdoor learning. Norwegian Journal of Friluftsliv.