Research opportunities

If you are interested in doing research with our group there are three pathways one can take depending on your level of education. 


Undergraduate students can apply for awards through Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Undergraduate Student Research Assistantships (USRAs). Information on how to apply through our department can be found on our website. Note this is not restricted to students at the University of Waterloo.

Also, sometimes co-op students are hired for a semester through the work placement program


Students that have finished an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Physics, Oceanography or related fields, are welcome to apply to do graduate studies in our group to do either a Masters in Mathematics (MMath) or a Doctorate in Mathematics (PhD). Learn more on how to do graduate studies in Applied Mathematics.  Since the director is cross-pointed with Earth and Environmental Sciences, it is also possible to apply through that department.


If you have (or will soon have) a PhD in a related area and would like to apply to do a Postdoctoral Fellows (PDFs) in our group please contact the director