Visit our Coronavirus Information website for more information.

For the food services staff that obviously are not employed right now, are they receiving any sort of remuneration?

In mid-March, when on-campus University operations were temporarily suspended, we ended the contract- and casual position agreements, and partially compensated them for the work that they missed. 

We strongly encourage staff to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) during any period of temporary work stoppage. The CERB has a maximum benefit period of 16 weeks (up to October 3, 2020). The employee, if eligible, would then be able to apply for Employment Insurance (EI).