Nominations are now closed. Nominations for the 2019 President's Community Impact Awards will open in August 2019.
The selection committee will rely heavily on supporting documentation when selecting recipients.
Each nomination will include an impact statement written by the nominator.
Please specifically describe why the nominee is worthy of such an award, focusing on their contributions to the community and how they reflect on the University of Waterloo and the region of Waterloo.
The impact statement should be no longer than two pages (plus one optional supporting page of data) and should address, at minimum, the following elements:
- What the nominee does to deserve a nomination, including a summary of activities and the scope of their service.
- When they performed the activities, specifically addressing duration and sustainability of the impact.
- How the activities extend over and above the duties for which the individual is paid.
- The significance of the impact to the community.
- Evidence of the value of the work.
- (Optional) Supporting facts and data may form a third page to the impact statement.
Letters of support (reference letters)
Each nomination will include two letters of support. The following information should appear in all reference letters:
- Name of nominee
- Referee’s name and contact information
- A description of:
- the nominee’s community contributions;
- why it matters to the community and/or the university;
- when the service occurred;
- how the nominee demonstrates excellence through community service.
Reference letters should be no longer than two pages (additional pages will be disregarded).
Incomplete reference letters may disqualify the nominee.
The university reserves the right to contact referees to verify the information submitted.
Reference letters and impact statements should be formatted as follows:
- 8.5” x 11” with margins of no less than 1” on each side
- Font size of 11 points or greater
- 1.5 line spacing
- Signed by the author