2018 GOAL » Ensure that students have an engaging, purposeful and relevant experience
Waterloo attracts the world’s best, brightest and most motivated students, offering them the opportunity to become something more. Students are inspired in an environment of imagination, innovation and interdisciplinary endeavours. The confluence of remarkable classroom, campus and community experience at Waterloo transforms excellent students into extraordinary alumni uniquely equipped to contribute to society and lead change.
Waterloo will enrich the student experience with a student-focused approach to services.
The University will expand the range of experiences, programs and supports designed to develop student potential, and build a stronger sense of community connection for students both on and off campus. By 2018, these efforts will:
- Deliver excellent student services through an integrated student-focused approach
- Provide enabling experiences, programs and supports, including student leadership development opportunities in order to develop student potential and foster student success
- Develop strong partnerships within and between academic and non-academic units to enhance the positive student experience
- Build a community of communities by providing an environment where students, faculty and staff can connect
- Deepen the connections between students and the City of Waterloo community
Measuring progress and outcomes
Providing a more satisfying experience for students involves every aspect of Waterloo’s community. To understand our progress and impact in this vital theme area, theme leads have identified key indicators and measures that will tracking progress and impacts in student experience over the five year term of the Strategic Plan.
A vibrant student experience at Waterloo weaves across all aspects of campus life – from how space is used, to student leadership opportunities and integrated student services. This involves a wide variety of stakeholders. Learning about, and providing input to, student experience action plans and activities is important to building a vibrant student experience at Waterloo.
Vibrant student experience theme leadership
Under the leadership of Chris Read, Associate Provost, Students, the Vibrant Student Experience Theme Team members work in close collaboration with Waterloo’s student community and other key stakeholders to plan and implement initiatives building a strategic approach to enhancing student experience across the University.