WatIAM user IDs are used by Quest, WaterlooWorks, Learn, myHRinfo, Office 365 email and many other campus systems. You can manage your user ID and password using the WatIAM system.
- WatIAM White Pages - a public service to help find employees and students in the published portion of the WatIAM campus white pages. WatIAM also manages users who are not published in this directory (e.g., privacy concerns may mean some users choose not to be published).
- Authenticated WatIAM White Pages - an extended search service available to the University of Waterloo community. This service allows those that can authenticate with CAS (Central Authentication Service) to search by user ID and email address in addition to the fields available on the public search page.
Manage your account
- WatIAM user access (log in to WatIAM)
- Features in WatIAM
- Claim your identity - for new student users, to obtain a user ID and password to log in to applications like Quest, myHRinfo, WaterlooWorks, Learn, Portal and many other services, including WatIAM itself.
- Forgotten user ID - if you already have an identity and have entered an email address, but forget your user ID, use the above link, if the email address you enter matches the email we have on file it will send your user ID to that email address.
- Forgotten password - if you have forgotten your password, use the above link. You must supply your user ID and an external email address. If the external email address you enter matches one of the email addresses on an account correlated to the claimed user ID and the username on that identity matches the user ID supplied by the user the system will send an email to the supplied email address containing a link that will allow you to set a new password for the identity.
- Change your password - log in to WatIAM to change your password.
Problems with your password?
- Passwords are case sensitive - ensure that your keyboard 'Caps Lock' isn't on.
- You can check your password by logging into WatIAM. If it works here, but not with an application (such as Quest) then it's a problem with that application. Check for support contacts on that application's home page.
- If you have forgotten your password, see instructions above.