University of Waterloo Identity and Access Management (WatIAM)
WatIAM user IDs are used by Quest, WaterlooWorks, Learn, myHRinfo, Office 365 email and many other campus systems. You can manage your user ID and password using the WatIAM system.
- A search service available to the University of Waterloo community.
- This service allows those that can authenticate with CAS (Central Authentication Service) to search by user ID and email address in addition to others.
Manage your account
- For new student users to obtain a user ID and password to log in to applications like Quest, myHRinfo, WaterlooWorks, Learn, Portal and many other services, including WatIAM itself.
- If you have an identity and have entered an email address, but forget the user ID, request to have your user ID sent to you.
- If the email address you enter matches the email we have on file, the system will send your user ID to that email address.
- To reset your password you must supply your user ID and an external email address.
- If the external email address enetered matches one of the email addresses on an account correlated to the claimed user ID, and the username on that identity matches the user ID supplied by the user, the system will send an email to the supplied email address with a link that will allow you to set a new password for the identity.
- Log in to WatIAM to set a chosen/preferred first name.
- Learn more about where your chosen/preferred name will display and the impact to other campus systems.
Common WatIAM account issues
Problems with your password?
- Passwords are case sensitive - ensure that your keyboard 'Caps Lock' isn't on.
- You can check your password by logging into WatIAM. If it works here, but not with an application (such as Quest) then it's a problem with that application. Check for support contacts on that application's home page.
- If you have forgotten your password, see instructions above.