This online certificate program provides project management professionals - like you - with the ability to further differentiate yourself from others in the field. This is a great opportunity to further expand your existing knowledge in specific areas of project management.
The curriculum for this certificate program is compatible with the project management industry standard set by the Project Management Institute (PMI). The University of Waterloo partners with a project management training provider to offer courses that qualify for Project Management Professional (PMP) Professional Development Units (PDUs) or contact hours.
Who should enrol
- Individuals who have completed the Project Management Certificate
- Project managers in any field or industry
- Professionals who wish to gain additional project management expertise
- Project managers who desire to differentiate themselves through further training in specific areas of project management
What you will learn
- Build on your existing knowledge of project management techniques and processes
- Enhance your skills in execution, monitoring and control, problem solving, and managing multiple projects effectively
- Understand how to use key project management software
To quality to receive the Advanced Project Management Certificate, you must complete the Project Management Certificate and a minimum of six days worth of courses from the list below:
- Advanced Project Monitoring and Control (three days)
- Business Analysis for the Project Manager (two days)
- Juggling Multiple Projects (two days)
- Managing Complex Projects (two days)
- Microsoft Project 2016 (two days)
- Foundations of Adaptive Delivery: Agile Hands-On (two days)
Courses are not eligible to be used for more than one certificate. Advanced Project Monitoring and Control and Foundations of Adaptive Delivery: Agile Hands-On can be used for either the Project Management Certificate or the Advanced Project Management Certificate, but not both.
To fulfill the requirements for the Advanced Project Management Certificate, you must complete the courses through the University of Waterloo.