Join the Water Institute in person this year for World Water Day 2023 celebrations! More information, including speaker profiles, can be seen on the World Water Day event website.
WATER: Life, History, Art
This fireside chat will explore our intricate relationship with water; how it has shaped civilizations, reconfigured landscapes, formed political institutions, inspired culture and art. Learn how understanding our past can inform our future water security.
- Giulio Boccaletti, Author, Water: A Biography; Honorary Research Associate, Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, Oxford University
- Dustin Garrick, Professor and University Research Chair in Water and Development Policy, School of Environment, Resources and Sustainability, University of Waterloo
- Ulrike Al-Khamis, Director and CEO, Aga Khan Museum
Presented in partnership with the Aga Khan Museum
Water Careers of the Future
This interactive panel session will provide diverse practitioner perspectives on current and emerging water sector issues and what knowledge, skills and attributes students and early career professional should possess to address them.
- Monica Emelko, Professor and Canada Research Chair in Water Science, Technology & Policy
- Bill Malyk, Vice-President Water Sector Lead Canada, WSP Golder
- Carla Torchia, Manager Great Lakes National Programs Office, Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Krystyn Tully, Owner, President & CEO, Entremission