Accessing your Office 365 account
- To activate your account for the first time go to https://o365activation.uwaterloo.ca. Please note that the activation process can take up to two hours to create your account.
- Once your account is activated you can access your account the usual way, as described below.
- Go to https://portal.office.com
- Enter email@example.com
- Tab or click out of that field
You will then be redirected to the University of Waterloo organizational sign in page (or portal):
- Ensure your email address is entered as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your WatIAM password
- Click Sign in
Office 365 applications
A subscription to the latest version of the Microsoft Office suite of programs including:
- OneDrive (includes 5 TB of storage)
Using Office 365
- Access your Office suite of applications via the online portal
- Once signed in to the online portal you will have full access to these features – no download required.
Download to personal computer/device
- Office 365 ProPlus is a user-based subscription that allows you to download a copy of Microsoft Office on up to five personally owned computers/devices.
- This option allows you to use the Office suite of apps locally, on your personal machine.
- Faculty, staff, and graduate students with an Office 365 account can log in to Office 365 to obtain and manage their copies.
Please do not download Office 365 ProPlus versions on University-owned machines.
For university owned machines see the Microsoft Campus Agreement.