Accessing your Office 365 account
- To activate your account for the first time go to https://o365activation.uwaterloo.ca. Please note that the activation process can take up to two hours to create your account.
- Once your account is activated you can access your account the usual way, as described below.
- Go to https://portal.office.com
- Enter email@example.com
- Tab or click out of that field
You will then be redirected to the University of Waterloo organizational sign in page (or portal):
- Ensure your email address is entered as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your WatIAM password
- Click Sign in
Using Office 365 – Applications
- You can download Office to your personal computer/laptop
- This option allows you to use the Office suite of apps locally, on your personal machine. You can add a copy of Microsoft Office on up to 5 personally owned computers/devices.
- Access your Office suite of applications via the online portal
- Once signed in to the online portal you will have full access to these features – no download required.
Office 365 ProPlus is a subscription to the latest version of the Microsoft Office suite of programs including:
Office 365 ProPlus provides a copy of Microsoft Office applications for up to 5 personally owned computers/devices. Faculty, staff, and graduate students with an Office 365 account can log in to Office 365 to obtain and manage their copies.
Please do not install Office 365 ProPlus on University-owned machines.
For university owned machines see the Microsoft Campus Agreement.