A change management approach
Change management is the discipline that guides how to prepare, equip, and support individuals to successfully adopt change, providing a structured approach for supporting individuals in the move from a current to future state. As we embrace the Microsoft suite of cloud services and applications, there will be projects/initiatives that will impact various audiences across campus, some possibly in a number of different ways.
The Microsoft 365 Program, rooted in change management theory, will allow IST to better track, manage, and communicate the details of all of the related projects/initiatives being explored and/or implemented across campus. The vision for the Microsoft 365 Program is to help:
- provide streamlined support and training to ease the adoption and use of these products,
- align our campus information technology services,
- increase student and employee efficiency and engagement,
- realize significant cost-savings through the elimination of duplicate services and licence fees, and
- modernize our IT infrastructure, security, and service delivery.
Included projects and inititatives
Many of the changes that have or will be introduced through the Microsoft 365 Program are a combination of process and system/technology. These changes are being introduced through a series of projects and initiatives categorized into five activities to date, with the understanding that future projects/initiatives may be added to the program and will have to be taken into account from a change perspective.