Accessing your Office 365 account
Follow the below steps to sign in to your Office 365 account.
- Go to https://portal.office.com
- Enter email address as email@example.com
- Tab or click out of that field
You will then be redirected to the University of Waterloo organizational sign in page (or portal):
- Ensure your email address is entered as firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your WatIAM password
- Click Sign in
Using Office 365 – Email and apps
- Download Office to your computer/laptop
- This option allows you to access your email and use the Office suite of apps locally, on your machine. Continue reading to learn how you can add a copy of Microsoft Office on up to 5 personally owned computers/devices.
- Access your email and Office suite of apps via the online portal
- Once signed in to the online portal you will have full access to these features – no download required.
Office 365 mail configuration guides
Office 365 ProPlus is a subscription to the latest version of the Microsoft Office suite of programs including:
- OneDrive (includes 5 TB of storage)
- Skype for Business
Office 365 ProPlus provides a copy of Microsoft Office applications for up to 5 personally owned computers/devices. Students with an Office 365 account can log in to Office 365 to obtain and manage their copies.
Information on Office 365 ProPlus for staff and faculty will be available after winter 2017.