- Permission is for one-time use only. Any subsequent use constitutes reuse and must be applied for by completing an additional form.
- The University does not hold copyright to all of the material in its collections. You assume full responsibility for any infringement of copyright and for publication rights of reproduced material.
- You are responsible for managing all claims made by any person asserting that he or she is an owner of copyright.
- The commercial use of material not in the public domain is prohibited.
- When requested, one complimentary copy of publications or productions featuring material obtained from Special Collections & Archives should be sent to the University of Waterloo Library.
- You may not reproduce or permit others to reproduce material obtained from Special Collections & Archives. Additional copies must be requested from the University of Waterloo Library and additional fees may apply.
- In authorizing the publication of a copy, the University of Waterloo Library does not surrender its own right to publish it or to grant permission to others to do so.
- Credit must be given for all material reproduced as follows:
University of Waterloo Library. Special Collections & Archives. FONDS/COLLECTION NAME
Example: University of Waterloo Library. Special Collections & Archives. Kitchener-Waterloo Record Photographic Negative Collection.