The 2015 Nano Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Conference will be held in the Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre on the University of Waterloo campus.
- The closest international airport is Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ). Toronto is approximately an hour drive from Waterloo. You can arrange a shuttle service with Airways Transit, they are located in terminal one and three. Toronto Pearson also offers several on-site car rentals. Typical travel time from the Toronto Pearson airport is approximately 1 hour in light traffic.
- Waterloo also has a regional airport, Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF). The Waterloo airport does have limited flights but is a very convenient option. The university is a 25-minute drive from the airport. You can book a taxi in advance with Waterloo Taxi.
- A third airport option is John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (YHM). Typical travel time from the John C. Munro Hamilton Airport is approximately 1 hour in light traffic.
- GO Transit is an inter-regional transit service in Ontario that includes bus and train service to Kitchener-Waterloo. The GO bus service reaches Waterloo with over 30 buses a day from the Toronto area to the Region of Waterloo, including bus routes that stop at the University of Waterloo main campus. The GO train service reaches Kitchener with a few trains each day at peak times. Travelers can reach the University of Waterloo from the Kitchener GO Station via a 10-minute trip by taxi or a 30 minute trip by public transit.
- Greyhound Canada offers bus service to cities and towns across North America. Greyhound service reaches Kitchener’s Charles St. Transit Terminal with over 20 buses a day from Toronto to Kitchener and many other bus routes in the region. Travelers can reach the University of Waterloo from the Charles St. Transit Terminal via a 15-minute trip by taxi or a 30 minute trip by public transit.
- The Kitchener VIA Rail Station is located at 126 Weber Street West. The University of Waterloo is a 10-minute drive from the train station. You can book a taxi in advance with Waterloo Taxi.
- Grand River Transit provides local bus service throughout Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge. Routes 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 29, Late Night Loop, 200 iXpress and 202 iXpress reach the main campus.
- Take exit 278 (from Toronto) or exit 278B (from London) to Highway 8 West Kitchener/Waterloo.
- Follow the signs for 85 North to Waterloo/7 East to Guelph.
- Follow the signs to 85 North. Keep left; do not exit on 7 East (Victoria Street and Guelph).
- Exit at University Avenue West (the second University Avenue exit).
- Drive along University Avenue to Seagram Drive.
- Turn left onto to Seagram Drive.