Office 365 provides anywhere access to a robust set of productivity and collaboration tools for Waterloo staff, faculty, and students, as well as a secure, and reliable email experience for undergraduate students.
Create, connect, collaborate
Activate your Office 365 account to get access to the apps you know and love, or explore something new.
With 5TB of storage, you can store your files in one place, share them (even externally), and get to them from any device.
Capture notes by typing, drawing, or writing. Organize and reuse your notes across all your devices.
Staff, faculty and graduate students
One time only
- Go to https://o365activation.uwaterloo.ca
- Log in using your WatIAM credentials to continue
Note: this process can take 2 hrs
One time only
- Login to WatIAM using the same credentials as Quest
- Choose Change Password box
- Create new password and click Proceed
- Logout (top right corner)
- Your account will be created within 30 minutes
Through your browser
- Go to https://portal.office.com
- Enter your email as firstname.lastname@example.org (undergraduate students should use @edu.uwaterloo.ca)
- You will be redirected to Waterloo's sign in page
- Enter your WatIAM password and click Sign in
Office mobile apps
Office 365 mobile apps offer a consistent experience across devices allowing you to view and edit documents on the go, while keeping your data secure.
Visit your app store to download Office mobile apps or find more information below.
Add to a personal device
Log in to your Office 365 account to obtain and manage your copies.
Office @ Work
At work, or when using a University-owned computer, staff, faculty, and graduate students should use the locally installed version of Microsoft Office.
Please do not download Office 365 ProPlus versions to University-owned computers.