Waterloo has many open Faculty of Science projects. Here are a few:
- The Open Science website targets a variety of topics relevant to high school science.
- Chemistry for Engineers - In this 6-module course learners will gain knowledge on four fundamental scientific-knowledge domains of chemical engineering.
- Canadian Cap and Trade Simulation - A simulated carbon trading system game that exposes learners to the reality of overseeing and regulating an emitter to comply with Canadian regulations.
- Organic Chemistry Virtual Labs: Liquid-Liquid Extraction - In this project, learners will use two virtual labs to further develop their knowledge on chemistry practices and chemistry techniques for liquid-liquid extraction.
- Fostering Undergraduate Science Communication Skills - This resource focuses on developing the communication skills needed to convey technical and scientific information to both expert and non-expert audiences.
- Experiential Learning in Chemical Engineering: Distillation columns - this virtual learning resource bridges the equipment, control, and operation of a pilot-scale distillation column with all the theoretical elements, including theories for performance measurement and evaluation, process simulations, and column design and optimization.
- Building Skills in Quantitative Biology - This resource focuses on the essential quantitative skills used for biological research: computational, statistical, mathematical, big data, transparency, and reproducibility.