All of us in orchestra@uwaterloo have obligations that must take priority over orchestra, and everyone gets sick occasionally. On the other hand, when you miss a rehearsal it affects everyone else, and you may miss important musical instructions.
For these reasons we require that:
- You do your best to arrange your work load so that you are free for rehearsals
If you must miss a rehearsal:
- Send a timely notice of absence to the director, Daniel Warren. Put the date of your absence in the subject line, e.g. "away October 1". Give a reason for your absence.
- CC your section leader
- If you are a section leader, cc the members of your section.
- Note that if you have more than two absences (including excused absences) you may lose your credit
- In case you must quit orchestra, do not just vanish. Do the right thing, and let us know!
For our fall and winter seasons, if you miss three rehearsals for any reason, you may be asked to play for the conductor to determine your readiness for the concert. If you miss more than three rehearsals without explanation and good reason your membership in the orchestra may be terminated.
For shortened spring seasons, missing more than one rehearsal is problematic.
Attendance by everyone is crucial to the success of the performance. You are expected to clear your schedule of all but the most compelling conflicts to make this important commitment.
Weekly schedules can be found on the orchestra's Piazza page. If you are a player in the orchestra, you will receive an invitation to register on Piazza, which allows you to post on Piazza.
Use this webform to send email to the Librarian about parts.